Library Preview Center
The Library Preview Center (A309A) is available for individual and group screenings of films, DVD’s, and videos for teaching and learning purposes, as well as for cultural presentations. The seating capacity is forty-five (45) persons. Faculty, staff, or students with a valid Hostos ID may reserve the Preview Center by contacting Julio Figueroa, Head of Media Services, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm at ext. 4225 or by email at JFigueroa@hostos.cuny.edu. After 5:00 pm, make a reservation by calling ext. 4226.
- Advance reservations of at least 7 days are strongly recommended. Requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All requests will be confirmed by media services staff. If you have any questions about the status of your request, contact Julio Figueroa at ext. 4225.
- Be prepared to provide security and protection of the equipment during use of the Preview Center.
- Performances must be given by means of a lawfully made copy. Personal duplicates or those taped by individuals from television will not be allowed.
- Any request involving audiovisual personnel in the duplication of copyrighted materials will be denied, unless the interested party obtains and presents permission in writing from the copyright owners.
- If a group or individual is more than fifteen (15) minutes late, they forfeit their reservation.
- No food or drink is allowed in the preview center.
- Faculty must remain on site and take responsibility for supervising their group during screenings.
- Groups are responsible for straightening up the room after their presentation.