Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FAQs and Recommendations for the Best Streaming Experience for Educators
- When showing a video in class, give students a direct link to the video instead of "sharing your screen" while doing a Zoom session as there are less technical difficulties this way. Links can be posted in Blackboard, in the chat box on Blackboard or Zoom.
- To prevent technical difficulties, always check with your students to see how they plan to view the video. Are they using laptops, cellphones, tablets, etc?
- Always have a backup plan if technical difficulties prevent the screening of the planned video or film.
ORDERING FILMS - AVON and KANOPY
- The Library is working with a limited budget. Please note we may NOT to be able to order the film you requested. Please consider backup videos or ALTERNATIVE VIDEOS covering the same subject matter when requesting videos.
- AVON - to order a film, please contact Hostos Library Acquisitions.
KANOPY - If you'd like to view a Kanopy film that the Hostos Library doesn't have access to or to extend a current subscription, please fill out Kanopy's online form or Contact Hostos Library's acquisitions. Funds permitting, we will order titles requested by faculty.
Visit Kanopy's website to view titles available to request.