Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You have a choice of three research questions for this assignment:
(1) How much does students' having a growth mindset affect how well they will learn?
- If you choose this question, you will write an "argument" paper.
- After you have done some more reading, choose ONE of these statements to defend:
- Students' having a growth mindset makes an important difference in how well they will learn.
- Students' having a growth mindset does not make an important difference in how well they will learn.
- In your paper, you will need to support your argument with information from what you read.
OR (2) What are the differences in behaviors and habits of students with a fixed mindset and students with a growth mindset?
- If you choose this question, you will write a "comparison" paper.
- Find out what researchers and teachers have said and write a paper that compares and contrasts students with different mindsets.
- Comparing how students would approach the same kind of challenge would be more interesting than just having separate lists of behaviors and habits.
- Your paper should incorporate ideas and examples from what you read.
OR (3) What can teachers do to help students develop a growth mindset?
- If you choose this question you will write a "problem-solution" paper (the problem being that not enough students have a growth mindset).
- You should be specific, and include ideas and examples from what you read
- You should explain how and why the things that teachers do help to develop a growth mindset