Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New York City News sources
The Bronx & Upper Manhattan
The Bronx Free Press
A bilingual, independent community newspaper dedicated to providing "accurate and thorough reporting, a true glimpse into the lives of our community."
Focuses on news and events in the Riverdale/Kingsbridge sections of the Bronx.
The Manhattan Times
A "bilingual community newspaper serving all the communities of northern Manhattan, including Hamilton Heights; East, Central and West Harlem; Washington Heights and Inwood and Marble Hill."
BronxNet is an independent not-for-profit cable TV channel that provides "local television by the people of the Bronx, for the people of the Bronx."
Mott Haven Herald
Produced by students at the City University Graduate School of Journalism, the Herald is a source for news of the Bronx neighborhoods of Mott Haven, Melrose and Port Morris.
Hunts Point Express
Produced by students in the Film & Media Department at Hunter College, "the Hunts Point Express is a source of neighborhood news for the Hunts Point and Longwood neighborhoods of the Bronx."
Founded in 2015 by editor Ed Conde Garcia, this blog seeks to be "a vehicle to challenge the overall negative perception of our wonderful borough."
Free access to the New York Times with your Hostos email
Sign up for the NY Times using your Hostos email. Here’s how:
- Go to nytimes.com/passes.
- Click on “register”–make sure to use your Hostos email address as the email.
- Click on “create my account” after you’ve filled out your information.
- You’re not done yet! On the next page, click on “continue”, in order to get an email confirmation sent to your Hostos email.
- Check your Hostos email for the confirmation message – it should arrive within 15 minutes. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your spam folder. If you still do not receive it, send a message from your Hostos email to email@example.com.
- Click on the link in the confirmation email to activate your subscription.
- Once you have created an account, always use your Hostos email address to log in to www.nytimes.com
You can use your digital subscription from any computer, or on a smartphone or tablet app that can be downloaded from nytimes.com/mobile.