Skip to Main Content
1. The location of a muscle’s insertion and origin can determine ________.
2. Where is the temporalis muscle located?
3. Which muscle name does not make sense?
4. Which of the following terms would be used in the name of a muscle that moves the leg away from the body?
Click here to return to Chapter 37
1. Describe the different criteria that contribute to how skeletal muscles are named.
Solution: In anatomy and physiology, many word roots are Latin or Greek. Portions, or roots, of the word give us clues about the function, shape, action, or location of a muscle.
Library Info and Research Help | firstname.lastname@example.org (718) 518-4215
Loans or Fines | email@example.com (718) 518-4222
475 Grand Concourse (A Building), Room 308, Bronx, NY 10451