Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About our collections
Hostos Library is continually building its collections to support students, faculty, and staff who come here to conduct research and study. Search the library catalog or OneSearch to find library holdings at Hostos and all libraries in CUNY. Students, faculty, and staff can borrow books from most CUNY campus libraries through CLICS and have them delivered to Hostos Library.
Hostos Library collections at a glance:
- Print books: We have over 50,000 books in its circulating and reference collections. Its Reserves collection contains nearly 1000 current textbooks and other required texts.
- Ebooks: Through Ebrary’s Academic Complete collection, Hostos has access to over 70,000 scholarly ebooks. We also subscribe to over 5000 titles to support our allied health, office technology, social sciences, and science, and humanities programs.
- Journals: Through databases and individual subscriptions, we provide access to nearly 60,000 journals.
- DVD’s and streaming videos: Hostos has nearly 2000 films on DVD available in it’s audiovisual and leisure collections and we subscribe to streaming services that provide access to thousands more titles.
- Leisure collections: We make journals, popular reading materials, and DVD’s available to patrons to encourage the joy of reading and watching great films.
Film and audio-visual guide
For more information about our film and audio-visual collections, including using video for your class, please see our extensive guide on Films and Audio-Visual Resources.
Recommend a purchase
You can help us build and strengthen our collection by making recommendations that are important in supporting students' learning here at Hostos. When the Hostos Library does not have the book or other information resource that you need for related course work or research, tell us!
Before submitting a request please check our catalog or OneSearch to confirm that we don’t already own the item.
Please note that often the completeness of the request information determines the speed and accuracy of acquisition. It generally takes 4-6 weeks to receive and process a title once it has been ordered.